Friday, November 22, 2013

My Thanksgiving Mantel & Decor

Boy am I ready for Thanksgiving. I can't help it. I just love all that great food. This year, for the first time, I will be hosting Thanksgiving at our home. As part of the holiday spirit we just have to have a colorful Thanksgiving setup. 


The wooden frame is a distressed picture frame with chicken wire that I use in my craft room, and I used a free printable for a Give Thanks banner to create my mini banner. I used this scenic fall picture on Pinterest for my small silver beaded picture frame.


The chalkboard art is a vintage mirror with the mirror reversed and painted with chalkboard paint - and the mirror is still usable! The printed subway sign is inspired by ExpressionsWallArt on Etsy.


We also thought it would be great to do a Thankful Tree this year. The girls are really enjoying it and it's a good reminder of what we have to be thankful for. Our tree is made from branch lights and our tags are scrapbook paper cut to different shapes.

 

What is your favorite piece of Thanksgiving decor? Don't forget to check us out on Remodelaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment