Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pinterest Is A Time Suck!



I have a confession to make. I am a crafting addict. I love all things crafting -  including looking at new crafting ideas all day. Herein lies my problem - Pinterest is a HUGE time suck. Don't get me wrong, I love Pinterest and always find really cool ideas for crafts, decorating, and household shortcuts, and even welcome you to follow this blog on Pinterest @ParentingWithTattoos. The problem is, I wake up energized and ready to go on my next big craft project thinking "this will be the day I finish it - I just need to check this one quick thing..." and BAM. Two+ hours later (I'm being kind) I am so wiped out from looking at craft ideas that I no longer have the energy to finish the pile of crafts and furniture and endless crap sitting in my workshop. Half the time I don't even remember which project I was trying to start working on!

So I repeat - Pinterest is a HUGE time suck! In my efforts of Pinterest Rehab I am trying to now limit the amount of time I'm allowed on the computer during the day while I actually have time to work on projects. With the help and support of my family, I am trying to wait to get on the computer until later in the afternoon, OR limiting it to only 30 minutes of Pin-surfing before I get started on my day.

Does anyone else have this problem? How do you cope with your Pinterest addiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment